Monday, May 23, 2011

I Don't Wanna Work...

An oldie from 2006 as well

I have worked since I was 16 years old. That's 27 [update: 32] years. Not alot, but pretty good, but I'm burnt out. I want to be in a financial situation where I can simply... "be"...

BE with my kid
BE interested... in anything
BE involved... with my son's school or with some philanthropic endeavors
BE awake... get real, stress-free sleep
BE organized
BE able to make my jewelry again, for fun...not money [I'm not that good]
BE carefree
BE political
BE a family...
just BE...

Okay, I am converting to Taoism... (picks up the Tao of Pooh)...

Yep, ok... that makes sense to me... right now.

Oh, yeah, I forgot one thing... I NEED THE MONEY I'M MAKING.
Wish it wasn't true, but it is. I actually need to make money to help my family meet it's needs. If I knew then what I know now, I would have enjoyed the HELL outta my teens at the time.

When you think about it, you don't have to work when you don't realize how great that is, or when you're too old to enjoy it! How fucked up is that! The best years you've got, you spend working 9-5, 5 days a week [translation: 8:30-5, leave, pick up the kid, get dinner over, do kid's homework, get kid to bed, work from 8-10 at home... you get the idea.] Then you try to jam everything you WANTED and still NEED to do, into the weekends and evenings.

I've thought about simplifying... you know, paring down on the things you buy... spending more time couponing or buying less... all GREAT in theory... but for a woman who walks through a store and "picks up" $150 dollars worth of "Ooooo they'd like that" JUNK... it's not reasonable.

I don't want to work anymore... but I have to... and I will... and when I retire, I better be in HALFway decent shape... so I can enjoy the life I have left!

Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment