Saturday, May 21, 2011

If I Won The Lottery...

Tonight, the Powerball is worth $120MM... a $62.6MM cash payout...and I, as do others, have often thought about what I would spend that money on, if I won.
Clearly Alex is ready for a wealthy life.

Before spending anything, I would call  my husband, letting him know we had just reduced our worries by ALOT. My second call would be to our family accountant, asking, "WHAT the HECK do I do!?!?"

When we did get the payout, I have a few things I'd like to do:

  1. Payoff ALL our debt, and payoff the condo.
  2. Give every immediate member of my family a $10K gift and tell them to go play! (repeat every year)
  3. Buy a house, with a yard, in a neighborhood with other kids around.
  4. Set up a college fund and trust for Alex.
  5. Set up a philanthropy that would help others. One cause close to my heart is helping homeless families get back on their feet, but there would be alot of options for this organization I'd like to explore.
  6. Give the Annoyance $100K to use as they see fit.
  7. Give the Off-the-Street Club $100K to use for a library or scholarships...in my mom's name.
  8. Put our friend (and Alex's nanny for many years), Suzie through school. Give her enough money that she doesn't have to worry about bills, food and other things... and just finished college and become the juvenile parole officer she wants to become.
  9. Go back to school to become a teacher/school counselor.
  10. Help set up elder-care for my grandmother, Alan's mom, my dad & my step-mom, my aunt  and other members of my family in need.
  11. A family vacation, with friends too, to Orlando... all-inclusive... all the bells and whistles.
  12. A vacation for me and the hubby... where? I have no idea! When all the options are available... it's hard to pick one.
  13. A series of donations to organizations close to my hearts: Lung Run (for lung cancer research), ArfHouse Chicago, Breast Cancer Research, Men of Movember, and more.
It would really be something to be debt free... and Alex's future, funded! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment